Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

coconut sap sugar production
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Coconut Technologies
  • Page:

TOPIC: coconut sap sugar production

coconut sap sugar production 5 years, 3 months ago #2263

I am very interested to go into coconut sap sugar prodcution, and want to know more in depth. Can you please respond to the following queies:
1. Do you know of a community-based plant producing coco sugar, located in Misamis Oriental or anywhere in Region X, where we could make an educational visit? Can i have the address and contact numbers if possible?
2. After harvesting the coconut sap from the tree, how much time is allowed before it starts to ferment? I want to know of the window of time before the sap has to be boiled.
3. I have studied the recommended practices for coconut sap sugar production presented during the 1st Coconut Sap Sugar Congress in Davao City last March 2012, and have noted the recommended equipment and materials. Can you possibly refer me to suppliers of these items, because I think they are not easy to find in any store.
Thank you very much for your response/s. MOre power

Re: coconut sap sugar production 5 years, 3 months ago #2272

• lito
  • Administrator
  • Website Administrator
Dear Sir,

I will forward your queries to our expert on coconut sugar.

We will reply to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Re: coconut sap sugar production 5 years, 3 months ago #2276

Dear Sir,

Approximately there are 12 coconut sap producers in Region X of which 11 are located in Misamis Oriental. You can contact our Regional Office in Cagayan de Oro at (088) 857-3707 and/or our Provincial Office in Misamis Oriental at (088) 857-2814. They can help you to arrange a visit in one of the processing sites.

To avoid fermentation, normally, sap should be collected 5hrs after tapping so you could process the sap into sugar. Also, to check if sap would be converted into sugar, the pH of the sap should not be lower than 6.

Actually, the equipment and materials being use in coconut sugar processing are easy to find, it can be fabricated by local kitchen utensil fabricators. For starter you can use simple kitchen utensils to produce coconut sap sugar. For additional info, you may wish to contact Ms. Dina Masa at (02) 928-4501 local 505, their department can recommend/suggest fabricators that make the recommended equipment.

We hope this information helps answer your questions and concerns.

Re: coconut sap sugar production 5 years, 3 months ago #2285

Thank you very much for the response. I will follow through.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds